INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as: CelloLessons, CelloBlog, CelloChat, CelloCompetitions, CelloJobs, CelloLegacy, CelloLinks. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
– Information you provide – When you sign up for a CelloBello account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as our donation and/or purchasing programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information which is maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other CelloBello services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
– User communications – When you send email or other communications to CelloBello, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
– Location data – CelloBello may offer location-enabled services, such as Concert Listings by location for mobile devices. If you use those services, CelloBello may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
– Links – CelloBello may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
– Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
– Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
– Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
– Protecting the rights or property of CelloBello or our users; and
– Developing new services.
CelloBello processes personal information on servers in the United States of America and, potentially, in other countries. In some cases, we may process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
CHOICES FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you sign up for a CelloBello service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some CelloBello features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case CelloBello may not be able to provide those services to you.
CelloBello only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of CelloBello in the following limited circumstances:
– We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
– We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of CelloBello, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated non-personal information such as the number of users who viewed a particular concert listing, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use CelloBello services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.